We are always happy to answer any questions you have – but please do take a few minutes to read through our terms and conditions and FAQ below – they should help answer some of the most common queries!
Terms and Conditions
- All trips are dependent on weather conditions and minimum passenger numbers.
- The skipper may alter, cancel or amend the route of any sailing at his discretion for the safety of passengers.
- Unfortunately, the access onto and off our vessel is not suitable for persons in wheelchairs, passengers with limited mobility are welcome and our crew will assist with boarding whenever possible.
- No smoking is permitted on any of our sailings
- No alcohol can be brought onto the boat or consumed on board without prior agreement
- Refraining from throwing rubbish overboard.
- Our fast Rib trips are unsuitable for anyone with:-
- previous back injuries or pain
- pregnant women
- Our fast Rib trips are not suitable for babies and small children, this may change on certain trips and will be dependent on weather conditions and the skippers discretion.
- Passengers on landing trips are responsible to ensuring they are back at the boat for the departure time, any costs incurred with their retrieval from the island if they miss the return trip will be charged to the passenger in full.
- Passengers must comply with any instructions issued by the crew, they are there for your safety
- Passengers must not tamper or interfere with any safety equipment on the boat, any willfull damage to equipment or the vessel will be charge to the passenger.
- There are some tricky paths. Enjoy them, BUT while ashore YOU are responsible for yourselves and the environment.
- No two voyages are the same. We cannot guarantee sightings of any particular wildlife species although our crew are very experienced and will always do their best.
- Full, third party liability is provided for all passengers, excluding personal effects (including cameras, mobile phones and other electronic equipment) which are carried at your own risk.
Do you provide waterproof clothing?
We provide warm flotation suits (if required) and life jackets.
Please dress appropriately. Remember that it can be a lot cooler at sea than it is on land. Don’t forget your sun screen! F
Where do trips leave from? All Tiree trips leave from Gott bay pier (ferry terminal) and from the middle pier on Coll. All passengers should arrive 30 mins prior to advertised departure at the SeaTours trailer to allow time for safety brief and kit up.
Where do I park my car? All cars should be parked in the pier car park.
Will I get wet? There is likely to be some sea spray, yes. Our suits will protect you from the worst of it!
Are there a min number of passengers for a trip to run?
We aim for a minimum of 8 but this can change at the Skipper’s discretion.
I would like a specific trip thats not listed?
We offer a private charter service, see charter section or feel free to get in touch!
Is there capacity for storage of personal effects?
There is limited storage on board but valuables etc can be left in our secure trailer at our meeting point.
What happens if the weather is bad?
It is always at the Skippers discretion whether he sets sail or not. If the wind is very strong or the short term forecast is not favourable he will not sail. If a tour is cancelled, you will be offered an alternative tour or a full refund.
People rarely get sea sick on an open RIB .Traveling at speed you avoid the motion sickness you get on ferries. On our RIB you are closer to the sea, with very little rolling motion , you are also sat in the open air and you can always see the horizon, which really helps !
Can I purchase gift vouchers or merchandise? Yes a range of vouchers are available and merchandise can be bought from the trailer and the end of the trip.